When you feel you have lost everything, you still have
- unexpected kindness in strangers
- the rest of the world to travel
- languages to learn
- animals to take care of
- volunteer work to do
- the power of a good night’s rest
- the changing of seasons
- infinite things to learn
- billions of people to meet and possibly love
- billions of people who might love you back
Needed this today
Venice, Italy was built on a marsh so it has basically always been sinking since it wasn’t an ideal place to build a city. But the sinking has been getting significantly worse in recent years and the rising sea levels and increase in flooding haven’t helped matters. The…
1) I want to rent hotel rooms with you and spend more than half our time being outside.
2) I want to get lost while we’re driving because I can’t read maps and you are too stubborn to ask for directions.
3) I want to eat drive-thru food with you on the floor of our first apartment.
4) I want to get drunk in public and have you take me home while I hit on you.
5) I want to go on long adventures with you.
6) I want to go to the movies and make out with you in the back like a couple of over excited teenagers.
7) I want to lay with you under the stars and talk about the future like I’ve got it all planned.
8) I want to break in your arms once in a while because I don’t have it all planned.
9) I want to bore with you with my favorite shows and movies even though you insist it is okay.
10) I want to play video games with you and sulk when I lose.
11) I want to paint you in my poems.
12) I want to dance with you.
13) I want to spend the rest of my life with you, knowing there’s no place else I’d rather be.
one thing girls have real solidarity on is their periods:
- we dont judge someone if they prefer pads or tampons over the other
- we always have extras and we’re always willing to give them to a girl in need
- we teach each other about cramp remedies and how to get out bloodstains
- we do pants checks for each other